Saturday, October 23, 2010

Day 2 After Surgery

I was able to hold my sweet girl again.  I came up this morning to find they had removed the large line in her neck.  The Cardiology team was on rounds shortly after and the nurse insisted they move close so I could hear their discussions. 

Her drainage had dropped in her left lung and the cavity around her heart.  They said they were going to pull drain tubes, but the right tube still has some excess fluid.  They decided to pull the left lung tube and the central tube around her heart.  They also saw no need to keep the wires in for the pace maker.  At 11:30 a.m. or so the team came by and removed the tubes.  All that remains is the tube in her right lung and an IV port on her right ankle.  She looks more like herself.  They even removed the cover over her incision.  I'll put up pics today.  She really looks terrific. 

Taeya is getting some attitude now and when the nurse tried to feed her the nasty Enfaport after she refused it from me, she literally shook her head "no"!  Too funny.  But my little fighter needs to eat. 

If you would, please pray she will start to take the Enfaport to keep her strength up.  I have asked them to add some banana flavored protein flakes called Can O' Banana to the formula.  That name is just to funny. 

Thank you, again, for all your prayers. 

Linda (and Taeya)

No comments:

Post a Comment