Sunday, October 24, 2010

Day 3 After Surgery

Today has been quite eventful.  I came up to Taeya's room early in order to not miss rounds.  I was there in plenty of time.  The nurse asked me to get something (can't remember what now), and about 10 minutes later when I returned, rounds were done. 

The Resident Cardiologist came back to see me and told me they would pull Taeya's remaining tube in her right lung.  I stepped out and when I returned, she was sleeping peacefully.  She now only has a port for blood draws and meds, which doesn't work well. 

She is on all oral meds now, so will likely have that port removed sometime tomorrow.  She only requires Tylenol (can you believe it?) for pain management.  She is right now talking to her left hand! 

Taeya gave me a few big smiles today that were the highlights of this whole event.  I can't tell you what this feels like for a mommy!  (Thank you, Alex!  We named the teddy "Alex Bear"!)

She still doesn't like her formula at all, but we keep plugging away.  It's much like when she was first born with needed to get her to eat every 3 hours max. 

Please continue to pray for Taeya's complete recovery, that the fats that built up as a result of nicking her lymph node would heal and that she'll not fight me on her formula feedings.  Please pray for our family situation, too.  Taeya will need time to convalesce for a time and will require added attention and care. 

Thank you, all, for your prayers, grace and heart for our family during this time.  There is no way I could have survived it without you. 

Every blessing,

Linda

2 comments: